Saturday, February 7, 2015

Famous cousins

When working on my Strother line I stumbled upon a page that mentioned that both President Jimmy Carter and Gen. George Patton are descendents of William Strother (1630-1702).

Jimmy Carter would be my 7th cousin, 2x removed.
George Patton would be my 5th cousin, 2x removed.

Granted this is only true if their online genealogies are correct!

Jimmy's line:  William, Robert, Priscilla, James Kay, James, Mary, James Pratt, Nina, James Carter Sr, Jimmy 

George's line:  William, Jeremiah, James, French, Margaret, Lucy Slaughter, Margaret Williams, George Patton I, George Patton II, George

My line:  William, Jeremiah, James, Mary, James Gray, William, Emma, Robert Atchley, Lyle, my grandma, my mom, me

(names aren't given in my line for people who are still alive for privacy)

Part of the source: http://wmstrother.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment